17 October 2012

What happened to my high school days?

Once again, I've been sucked into a shoujo high-school drama manga. Or two. Or even a few new anime.

Why? ... ...

As far as I can fathom, it's because high-school seems to be filled with fun and games (more than exams) - a far cry from my own days of 'lost youth'.

I mean, what happened there, to my drama-filled days of running around school playing with chickens, skipping class by napping on the roof, getting into fistfights, overhearing secrets while in the loo, going on school trips etcetc? So, I've got to regain it through osmosis. Just like I "go" clubbing through other people's outrageous clubbing stories. (But now I remember none of it, as if I actually did get sloshed.)

Imagine my surprise, then, when I found an anime where the protagonist's middle school experience mirrored my own. She was ostracized after the class kitten died because she alleged fed it something bad. Mine was a squirrel incident. Unfortunately, our paths split when it came to high school. Sigh, sigh. Such is real life.